WITH the push for industrialization under the Rodrigo Duterte administration, the Institute for Climate and Sustainable Cities (ICSC) said that Renewable Energy (RE) can play a role in pursuing such vision. Francis Joseph Dela Cruz, Associate for Energy Policy of ICSC, told reporters during Wednesday’s Habi at Kape media conference at the Abreeza-Ayala Mall that with industrialization, power is needed. With this, ICSC is set to meet with government and business leaders in Davao including the Mindanao Development Authority (Minda) on Thursday, September 15, to have a look on the renewable energy development status in the island and discuss about the challenges and opportunities for developing renewable energy initiatives here. “There are a lot of RE potentials here in Mindanao, the potential benefits of these are too big to be ignored. The RE potentials here are yet to be unleashed,” he said. The ICSC is a non-profit group promoting low carbon development initiatives, sustainable energy solutions and fair climate policy in vulnerable countries. He added that after the roundtable discussion with Minda, they wish to come up with RE plan/roadmap in Mindanao. The implementation of the RE Act of 2008 will also be tackled. “We already have the law, but… Read full this story
- Green energy puts Güssing on the map
- Global green energy drive ‘too advanced’ to be halted by Trump, says Glennmont Partners
- Glenmont boss says Trump will now slow renewables
- Europe's shocking failure to act on climate
- How can Earth’s big data shape our future?
- 25p 'latte levy' proposed for disposable coffee cups
- Why the world will remain thirsty for oil for decades, according to BP
- Saudi Arabia and SoftBank Plan World's Largest Solar Project
- Why should randy Mandy get £900m from hard Work of her ex-hubby Randy?
- British Journalism Awards 2017: Nick Ferrari is journalist of the year, Inside Housing named top news provider
Renewable energy eyed for industrialization have 302 words, post on www.sunstar.com.ph at September 14, 2016. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.