Early summer rain alleviates saltwater in Hau Giang The rain came as a release after nearly half a month the province bears the brunt of the worst saltwater intrusion in history. In early May, the province had to declare an emergency situation due to high salinity in Vi Thanh City, Long My town and the districts of Long My and Vi Thuy. As of early May, the serious situation caused damage worth 13 billion VND (585,000 USD) in Hau Giang. According to Truong Canh Tuyen, Chairman of the provincial People’s Committee, if the situation continues to get worst, the province will lose another 3,000 hectares of summer-autumn paddies by May’s end. If the intrusion persists in June, there will be a high risk of mass crop failure and many local craft villages will have to suspend operation over materials shortage, he noted, adding that damages might amount to more than 150 billion VND (6.75 million USD). Nam Định police arrest wildlife trafficker The police of northern Nam Định Province have arrested Phạm Văn Tú, 26, from central Hà Tĩnh Province, for illegally trafficking and trading four frozen tiger cubs. Tú admitted to the police he paid VNĐ2 million (US$90) to…
- Laurence Fox quits social media with 13-part Twitter statement due to depression
- Low rates leave social forestry planters in despair
- Kellogg's vows to change its global palm oil policy after being moved by sisters, 12 and 10, who gained 780,000 signatures on a petition after watching a documentary about orphaned orangutans
- Canadian pension fund Caisse posts 10.4% return in 2019
- Mother, 21, is arrested after she's caught slapping her 10-month-old son and slamming him face-down on the floor during a video chat with his father
- Ecuador presidential election: 10% of votes to be recounted
- Mum marries critically ill boyfriend in hospital bed in front of sons, 10 and 6
- Mum hails 'magic' £10 spray that helps restless baby sleep for 10 hours straight
- Drunken yob downed 10 vodka shots on plane and wrestled with cabin crew after stealing Champagne
- Britain doesn't need farmers, reveal leaked emails: Major new Whitehall storm erupts after Number 10 brands senior mandarin who quit over Priti Patel row 'Sir Calamity'
Social News 10/5 have 344 words, post on at May 9, 2016. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.