BOSTON (CBS) – Most of the runners you'll see on Marathon Monday aren't running for an olive wreath, but for a cause. Taylor Chin is one of those thousands of charity runners. This will be his first marathon and he's running for Children's Hospital. It's his way of giving back to the people who made his run possible. READ MORE: Boston Marathon Runner, Children’s Hospital Patient Partner Build Special Bond The first time Taylor met his patient partner, Ben Westlake, he knew they already had a strong connection. "It kind of reminds me where I was at that point," Taylor says. "He plays soccer, I play soccer." Both love soccer, and both credit Boston Children's hospital for making them well. Ben Westlake (WBZ-TV) "I get checked and get shots and have medicine," says Ben. "I was treated at Children's Hospital when I was two years old for Kawaski Disease and the care I got there has helped me immensely," says Taylor. Now these two are a team and their goal is tackling the Boston Marathon. "When I was 8 years old to 11 or 12, I was a patient partner like Ben is now and I was paired with the… Read full this story
- Boston Marathon Postponed Until September Amid Coronavirus Concerns
- Boston Marathon postponed until September over coronavirus outbreak
- 'It will get worse, very quickly': Hospitals to be swamped by thousands of COVID-19 patients within a MONTH - as PM unveils $2.4B response to 'once in 50-year challenge' and cases reach 116
- School run parents threaten locals with violence as tempers flare over blocked driveways near primary academy
- **LIVE FEED** Boston Manhunt for Marathon Terror Suspects
- Child at Alder Hey Children’s Hospital 'tests positive' for coronavirus as UK cases soar to 116 and disease spreads through the NHS infecting at least SIX staff and patients
- Why are American women running faster than ever? We asked them — hundreds of them.
- Robocare: Part pet, part nurse, all robot - the future of care for sick children?
- Chris Evans fist pumps the air as he crosses the line of his fifth London Marathon alongside fellow celeb runner Helen Skelton
- Nurses 'including one who is pregnant in quarantine after treating patient with new suspected case of coronavirus'
Former Patient Partner To Run Boston Marathon For Children’s Hospital have 388 words, post on boston.cbslocal.com at April 1, 2016. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.