Mercedes-Benz resuscitated the Maybach ultra-luxury brand just in time for the rise of ultra-luxury SUVs. The recently introduced Bentley Bentayga will soon be joined by an SUV from Rolls-Royce, and an extra-swanky version of BMW’s upcoming X7.And now Mercedes is hinting, again, that Maybach could get an SUV as well. The company doesn’t seem to be in any rush, though. None of Mercedes’ current SUV platforms will be suitable for a Maybach, so any SUV project would have to wait until a next-generation platform is developed, Mercedes board member Ola Källenius said in a recent interview with Top Gear.He said demand for SUVs is strong and is expected to remain so. SUV enthusiasm reached a fever pitch in the early 2000s, but was dampened by the Great Recession. Today, despite stricter fuel-economy standards, SUVs are more popular than ever, leading manufacturers to introduce more models in all corners of the segment.The Bentley and Rolls-Royce SUVs would be natural rivals for a Maybach truck, but if Mercedes really does green light this rig, it will likely be because rival BMW is trying something similar. BMW brand executive Ian Robertson recently said the Bavarian carmaker plans to launch a high-end version of its… Read full this story
- Mercedes open up on 'unusual position' amid Lewis Hamilton contract talks
- Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600: Top 7 Exclusive Features
- Review: 2021 Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 4MATIC
- Audi’s high-tech flagship Q8 SUV is perfect for an adventure
- Lewis Hamilton salary confirmed as Mercedes announce one-year deal
- Lewis Hamilton signs new Mercedes contract until end of 2023
- Daimler CEO confirms Mercedes new hyperscreen technology will be a 'game-changer'
- Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 Sold Out For 2021; Next Allotment To Arrive In Q1 2022
- Actor Ranveer Singh Brings Home The Mercedes Maybach GLS 600 Worth Rs. 2.43 Crore
- Mercedes-Benz EQC Price Increase By Rs 4.7 Lakh: Second Batch Deliveries To Start In September
Mercedes is still open to a Maybach SUV, but wants to wait have 301 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at March 30, 2016. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.