If there’s one place where I try to mind my own business, it’s on an elevator. Particularly early in the morning, when I’m still in my pajamas and haven’t had my coffee. Fortunately, awkwardness can generally be avoided by not making eye contact and saying nothing more than, “What floor?” But for some, even that’s an invitation to say more.A man got on a few floors after me Monday morning, and while I didn’t glance up, it was obvious from his heavy steps and leash-tugging he was irritated. While his Great Dane sniffed my spaniel, he turned to me and said, “Why are the Cubs so bad right now?”Few things signal desperation more than wanting reassurance from a complete stranger, but it was obvious what was on his mind: With the Cubs down 2-0 in the NLCS, the team’s fans have experienced a hard, unexpected fall from the playoff highs earlier this month. Nothing brings a party mood down faster than a dose of reality, a Cubs specialty going back decades.The way things stand now — with the Cubs fighting for a chance at the World Series — it’s easy to forget that less than one month before the Cubs’… Read full this story
- University of Chicago researchers are building a tool to protect your pictures from facial recognition systems
- Cubs slugger Bryant returns following stomach ailment
- Pirates host Cubs, aim to build on Brault’s solid showing
- Báez's single in 11th gives Cubs 2-1 win over Pirates
- Chatwood fans 11, Cubs hit 3 homers to beat Pirates 4-3
- Cubs blank Royals behind Mills' strong start
- Powerful derecho storm wreaks havoc across the Midwest leaving 1.1M without power as 100mph winds blast beleaguered Chicago following looting across the city
- Wife Died After Butcher Brought Coronavirus Home From Work: Suit
- 'We're coming for you': Mayor Lightfoot's warning to looters who ransacked Chicago in night of 'straight-up criminality' that saw 100 arrests and 13 cops injured
- Chicago unrest and looting sees 100 arrests, 13 officers hurt: "This was an assault on our city"
Chicago Cubs still have some work to do, but building legacy fast have 337 words, post on www.foxsports.com at October 20, 2015. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.