Knoxville’s Big Ears Festival unveiled its 2019 lineup Tuesday morning, featuring an array of artists in genres ranging from rock and electronic dance music to jazz and classical. Highlights include German musician and composer Nils Frahm, jazz guitarist Bill Frisell, rock bands Spiritualized and Mercury Rev, Americana musician Rhiannon Giddens and the Art Ensemble of Chicago, which will celebrate its 50th anniversary during the event, according to a Big Ears press release. More: Big Ears 2019: Knoxville festival announces dates, tickets go on sale Friday, June 1 More: Best staff photos from Big Ears Festival 2018 Big Ears will go from March 21-24, 2019, and take place at several downtown Knoxville venues including the Tennessee Theatre, Bijou Theatre, Knoxville Museum of Art, St. John’s Episcopal Cathedral, Church Street United Methodist Church, Boyd’s Jig & Reel, Visit Knoxville’s Visitor Center, Regal Riviera, the Standard, the Square Room and the Mill & Mine, according to Big Ears’ website. “I’m excited about how Big Ears continues to evolve and grow year after year after year. It’s really an exciting project, and … I’m really especially proud that we’re able to stage in Knoxville, Tennessee, so this year I think is definitely going to be one of… Read full this story
- Let's get this party started! Thousands of music fans arrive for 'hottest EVER' Glastonbury as festival prepares to bask in 91F heatwave
- NHL schedule 2019-20: NBC, NBCSN national broadcast lineup
- At least they picked their tents up! Campers leave pockmarked field after Glastonbury ends as droves begin clean-up of sea of bottles and food waste despite festival going 'plastic-free'
- Ryan: Is NASCAR listening to Cup drivers more without a council?
- Why the collapse of the Warriors feels so abrupt
- Michael Brantley homers in 13th, Astros rally past Mariners 11-9
- Astros pull off something they haven't done since 1994
- Marleau, Sharks seek win streak vs. Flames
- Predicting the Next Wave of Breakout NBA Stars
- Jake Gyllenhaal's weird and wonderful mainstream return
Big Ears Festival 2019 lineup: Nils Frahm, Bill Frisell, Spiritualized, Rhiannon Giddens have 322 words, post on www.knoxnews.com at September 9, 2015. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.