Kids and the Iowa State Fair go together like peanut butter and jelly (on a stick, of course). Sure, there’s plenty of pure entertainment to go around, from singing pirates to bubble-blowing contests and enough sugary treats to satisfy any sweet-toothed tot. But the great thing about the fair is how much learning goes on—without the kids even realizing it. Here are 10 sure bets for kid-sized fair fun—and maybe some opportunities to learn a thing or two. (Don’t worry. We won’t tell.)Kick off the fair the night before the gates open at the parade in downtown Des Moines. Wave at over 200 floats, bands, performers and animals to help celebrate the start of the 2015 Iowa State Fair. The parade will start at 6:15 p.m. at the State Capitol and will follow Grand Avenue to 13th Street.The Blue Ribbon Kids club gives kids ages 10 and under the opportunity to learn more about the fair from an insider perspective. Each weekday at 10 a.m., Blue Ribbon Kids can meet up at the tent just north of the Little Hands on the Farm for a fun craft and activity, whether it’s talking turkey, making a snack or giving back. Download… Read full this story
- How to watch, stream, listen to Iowa State vs. Iowa, Prediction
- Colin Cowherd on Tom Herman: 'No excuse to lose to Iowa State'
- Ashley Joens leads No. 23 Iowa State women over TCU 91-68
- No. 1 South Carolina rolls past No. 23 Iowa State, 83-65
- Why Iowa State jumped Cincinnati in CFB Playoff Top 25
- No. 12 Iowa State can clinch Big 12 title game spot with win
- Pamela Tiffin, Actress in 'The Pleasure Seekers,' 'State Fair' and 'Come Fly With Me,' Dies at 78
- How Iowa commit Sharar became a Big Ten football commit
- Poll: Iowa Republicans Would Reelect Trump, But They’d Also Welcome a Primary
- Ohio State Still 4th in CFP Rankings After Cancellation
10 kid-friendly Iowa State Fair activities have 315 words, post on www.usatoday.com at August 2, 2015. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.