The Lee family had to overcome domestic upheaval 13 years ago when Seung-min’s parents got divorced, and the mother left the family. During the day, the siblings were looked after by their grandmother, who passed away five years ago. Reluctant to speak about that time, Seung-min prefers to talk about growing up with his father and sister.”My sister, who is three years older, was a good cook ever since she was in elementary school. She particularly makes good kimchi stew,” Seung-min says. Now a university graduate, sister Ji-seon, 21, is preparing to obtain a certificate for Korean cuisine. “Dad’s also a good cook. I am in charge of washing the dishes,” Seung-min says with a smile.His father, Hyeon-ho Lee, 56, also played soccer when he was a child. He had to quit in middle school over four decades ago, because his parents could not afford the membership fees. But years later Hyeon-ho noticed his son’s talents. When Seung-min became captain and center forward in middle school, shooting in all the goals for his team, Mr. Lee watched proudly, and cheerfully rooted for his son standing next to the other fathers every Saturday.Until high-school, Mr. Lee did not have to worry about Seung-min’s football fees. In elementary school… Read full this story
- India vs Australia: Rahane receives medal in honour of aboriginal player
- Alastair Cook resigns as England Test captain to pave way for Joe Root
- Jets Fire Head Coach Adam Gase Following 2-14 Season
- 'I work on the long, fast and clever': meet Liverpool's throw-in coach
- How tech has changed the way we celebrate the holidays
- Trump honors Annika Sorenstam, Gary Player, Babe Zaharias with Presidential Medal of Freedom
- ‘We Will Never Do That’: Giants Coach Blasts Eagles for Tanking, Disrespecting the Game
- Joe Judge: We will never do what Eagles did as long as I am the Giants coach
- Contradictory if crowds allowed but players in hotel quarantine, says Team India
- 'God knows what he'd have achieved if he had both his eyes'
A father’s sacrifices, and coaches’ keen eyes, pave player’s way have 330 words, post on www.foxsports.com at June 11, 2014. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.