CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — North Carolina’s Blue Team ran past the White Team 38-17 in the annual spring game, and all analysis past this point should be prefaced with the caveat that this is only a scrimmage and ultimately doesn’t mean much in the grand scheme.It also serves to highlight not only some of the reasons there is a lot of optimism surrounding the Tar Heels moving into next season but also some potential flaws.One of the biggest takeaways from spring practices is which players can get the “lead”, if there is a lead to be had, in various position battles. There’s certainly one everyone will be keeping an eye on.1. The quarterback “battle” between redshirt freshman Mitch Trubisky and rising junior Marquise Williams might not be much of a battle after all.The first touchdown pass didn’t come from either Trubisky or Williams but instead from Kanler Coker (the likely third-stringer) late in the third quarter. However, Trubisky still looked like the better quarterback for much of the spring game, finishing with 183 yards on 20-of-32 passing (he was sacked just once).Williams, though, has the advantage of experience. Williams ended the season as UNC’s starter after senior Bryn Renner broke… Read full this story
- Five questions for Tua Tagovailoa, Jalen Hurts and Alabama QB battle
- What’s the latest on TCU’s QB battle? Gary Patterson on Shawn Robinson, Michael Collins
- Chiefs Q&A: Who wins in an open QB battle between Alex Smith and Patrick Mahomes?
- LSU QB battle winding down as one candidate leaves, while another reportedly mulls departure
- ACC Media Days 2018: Dabo Swinney not tipping his hand when it comes to Clemson's QB battle
- Jalen Hurts' mom responds to critics after son voices frustration with Alabama's QB battle
- Jets QB battle: When McCown, Bridgewater and Darnold compete, New York wins
- Five takeaways from UNC’s 38-28 loss to Georgia Tech on Saturday
- When UNC plays Miami, it will get seven players back from suspension. Here’s who’s returning.
- Williams hopes his gifted newcomers will make up for what UNC has lost
Four Downs: Youth, QB battle focus of UNC spring game have 347 words, post on www.foxsports.com at April 12, 2014. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.