Topping tech headlines on Wednesday, LinkedIn confirmed that hackers gained access to some of the enterprise social network’s passwords. Affected members will receive an email with instructions on how to reset their passwords; current passwords will not work. They will also receive an email with more information on what happened.The company did not confirm how many passwords were involved, though it reportedly affected about 6 million of LinkedIn’s 161 million users. In patent news, Apple is not even letting the Samsung Galaxy S III land in the U.S. before it unleashes the patent hounds. Cupertino on Tuesday filed a motion in California district court to have Samsung’s new flagship smartphone banned in the states. Apple also filed another complaint with the International Trade Commission that looks to have more HTC devices banned in the U.S. Meanwhile, IDC predicted that Apple’s iOS will continue an “impressive” run during until 2016, but could face increasing competition from Windows Phone – if Nokia manages to maintain its lead in emerging markets. Apple iOS will likely capture 20.5 percent of the market this year and fall to 19 percent by 2016, while Windows Phone will jump from 5.2 percent in 2012 to 19.2 percent… Read full this story
- Budget Phones You Won’t Regret
- Fire Phone against the world: can Amazon take on iOS and Android?
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra review: the superphone that's a little too massive
- Amazon and Walmart drop huge deals on Apple AirPods and Samsung Galaxy Buds
- The 'world's fastest' foldable phone... as long as you don't mind being spied on by the Chinese! Huawei shrugs off espionage fears as it unveils new Mate X 5G smartphone priced at £2,000
- The best educational apps for Android and iOS
- How to record your iPhone screen – easy guide to do it in seconds
- An imperfect ten: the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone review
- Disney+ is out TODAY – every movie and TV show from Star Wars, Marvel and more
- Outside China, Android isn’t Android without Google
LinkedIn Hacked; Apple Goes After Galaxy S III; Windows Phone to Top iOS? have 321 words, post on in.pcmag.com at June 7, 2012. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.