Are they important?Yes. You want to have a way of looking at all the stocks within the markets divided into categories by industries and then further into sectors. This allows you to see where the action is. If there is an outstanding stock within an industry it can help you in a number of ways. You may find a second leading stock in the same industry if the reason for the move is industry relevant.For example, when the first steel company made a deal to supply China some time back you may have missed the first but it could have given you a heads up on spotting the second.Another benefit to looking at industries is finding supporting companies. So when the steel company was roaring, who was shipping it to China? You could look into the shipping sector and target who was going to lead that group to new heights.How do I judge the health of an industry? It should be evident from what’s going on within it. Looking at the top 5 stocks in any industry or sector is going to show you if that industry is profitable, making good sales and growing it’s market.Should I buy a great… Read full this story
- Just How Bad Are the Automakers Taking a Beating in the Stock Market?
- Talk of Colin Kaepernick tanking Nike’s stock may be exaggerated
- How Baby Boomers Created Today's Classic-Car Market—and How They Could Crash It
- Auto sector may be entering a bearish phase
- Rising India vehicle sales lend new power to auto stocks
- EVFTA gains in telecoms and banking
- Markets erase early gains, Auto skids 2%
- Can Maruti Suzuki stock hit Rs 10,000 levels?
- Top 10 stocks Morgan Stanley recommends: Bajaj Finance, Maruti, ITC & more
- Auto stocks rally up to 16% in July; more steam left, say experts
Stock Market Sectors and Industries have 313 words, post on ezinearticles.com at March 3, 2009. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.