Search Engine Optimization or SEO is the process of making your website easy for Search Engines such as Google, Yahoo and others to find.For example, when a person living in New York City uses Google to locate a website design company in New York, they will likely type “website design New York” into Google’s search field.The top results that come up first, under “sponsored links,” will be paid links. This means that people have paid for this placement through a program called Pay-Per-Click advertising.The results immediately following these paid links still enjoy the same prime real estate space-without having to pay the ad costs. How did they get that level of ranking without paying for it? The answer is SEO. They knew how to make the most of their websites’ SEO potential. And with this article, you’ll develop some understanding of how you can, too.By using SEO techniques properly throughout your site, you can achieve higher search engine rankings for the keywords that you optimize for.When you search for a term in a search engine, like “website design New York,” the search engines want to provide you with the very best and most relevant websites for your inquiry. It’s important… Read full this story
- Google alters search autocomplete to remove 'are Jews evil' suggestion
- Google adds icons to image searches to offer more info on thumbnails
- How Google and Microsoft taught search to “understand” the Web
- Universal Code Search gets a boost: Sourcegraph secures $23 million Series B Round funding
- Inside Uber's 'toxic' work culture and how co-founder Travis Kalanick used ruthless tactics like spying on competitors and poaching their investors to get the ride-hailing app to the top
- Google’s new search tools help you find the perfect pop culture GIF
- How hard will the robots make us work?
- Google tries to take the pain out of developing for App Engine
- Hittin’ the streets with Google’s new mobile search
- Spectacular sunrises and a sense of optimism starts the 2020 racing season
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - What is it and How it Works? have 331 words, post on ezinearticles.com at March 13, 2009. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.