I read many websites that make it seem as though a US tourist visa is easy to get. These same sites also make it seem as though this is the right visa for taking a Thai fiancée or spouse to the US to stay permanently. I have written this article to explain why the tourist visa is not the best way to bring a Thai loved one to the USA.Tourist Visas are granted at the DISCRETION of the Immigration officerThe first problem with the tourist visa is the fact that getting one is highly discretionary. Whenever I’m in the US Embassy I always hear the ubiquitous statement “I cannot give you a visa to the USA,” usually this seems to be said to a person looking to obtain a tourist visa to the US. In fact, I heard the officer state, “you must show strong ties to Thailand and you have not shown strong enough ties for me to issue this visa.” That officer was right. The immigration officer has to look at all applications for visas with the presumption that the applicant (for our purposes a Thai fiancée) will live indefinitely in the United States should they be granted… Read full this story
- Vietnam to resume e-visa issuance in July
- Vietnam to resume e-visa issuance to 80 countries
- What do the new EU-visa rules mean for Africans?
- Thai hospitality impresses French tourists during lockdown
- Vietnam may welcome tourists in third quarter
- Fisherman’s Wharf Warehouse Fire Destroyed Fishing Traps, Threatening Dungeness Crab Season
- Vietnam’s foreign tourist arrivals slump 11% in first half of 2015
- Krabi, 2562 review – mystery and mysticism in the Thai tropics
- Boozy Brit tourists BANNED from death trap balconies after spate of tragedies
- EU tourist hotspots urge Germans to keep vacation plans
The Tourist Trap - Why Your Thai Fiancee Shouldn't Use a US Tourist Visa have 292 words, post on ezinearticles.com at September 5, 2008. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.