During the day working in lower Manhattan, a common sight in the early morning hours is people performing Tai Chi near City Hall. Their slow, graceful, effortless movements, their deep roots and continuous flow are hypnotic. Most people looking on (including many martial artists) have no idea that the essence of developing the type of explosive power that martial artists desire is in fact based on the type of slow movement found in virtually all internal systems of fighting.The question, “Why do I need to move slower to get faster?” is a common one and is something that once understood will add a level of power and speed to your abilities beyond anything that you can imagine.In this newsletter I’m going to delve into the importance of training extremely slowly then gradually building up to Contact Flow and other free-form internal movement exercises at full speed. Some of this information may seem technical and can therefore be very dry so you may want to get a cup of coffee before you continue reading.It is a given that in a real fight for your life, any motion or action you undertake that is not automatic will not work in a real… Read full this story
- Japan's defense minister draws red line in island dispute with China
- Chip Roy: 'An Armed Citizenry...the Only True Defense Against Tyranny'
- Those Escaped Zebras Roaming Fancy-Free In Maryland Provide Eye-Opening Insights For AI Self-Driving Cars
- We must address inequality to build back better from disasters
- It’s Time To Reassess How We Manage The Defense Industrial Base
- Only Murders in the Building review: The true-crime genre satire with a twist
- NHL Power Rankings: Calder Trophy Candidates for 2021-22 season
- True Blood Dies As It Lived—With A Lot Of What The Fuck
- How submarine power of U.S., allies and rivals compare
- US to help Australia acquire nuclear-powered submarines in counter to China
Building True Self Defense Power - Train Slower To Move Faster have 313 words, post on ezinearticles.com at April 6, 2008. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.