Pretty Woman – 4 Stars (Excellent)”Pretty Woman” was originally scripted as a dark drama about prostitution in Los Angeles, but thankfully movie producer Laura Ziskin said “No” and what started out as a very brooding, negative film turned into one of the most popular and financially successful romantic comedies of all time. Find out why.With a production cost of $14 million and a worldwide gross of $464 million, Laura Ziskin had to be smiling all of the way to the bank.Pretty Woman’s title character, Vivian Ward (Julia Roberts), is a down-on-her-luck prostitute who is hired by Edward Lewis (Richard Gere), a wealthy businessman and corporate raider, as arm candy for several business functions.The arrangement works well but begins to get complicated when Edward discovers Vivian is not just a hooker from Hollywood Boulevard but also a woman of substance, and Vivian finds herself falling in love in a situation that essentially has no future.There is nothing positive about the common perception of a hooker, but Vivian smashes through the normal perceptions by quickly getting viewers past her obvious good looks and revealing her inner beauty, transparent feelings and uncompromising commitment by not settling for a comfortable, Edward-financed lifestyle as arm… Read full this story
- Julia Roberts - The Actress & Her Top 5 Movies!
- 2 Devilish & Delightful Ways to Massively Pleasure a Woman - Rocket Her Into Orgasmic Orbit
- How to Attract a Beautiful Woman
- Hollywood Films - Exciting the Youth
- Anne Hathaway is Hollywood's New 'It-Girl'
- How to Approach a Woman Who is Beautiful
- Top 10 Hollywood Gowns That Would Make Lovely Bridesmaid Dresses
- Celebrity Baby Bags - New Hollywood Moms
- Bravo Hollywood - Two Summer Films May Seduce Sexy, Smart, Successful Grownups Into the Theater
- HOLLYWOOD: Caught in the live-act
"Pretty Woman" Rocketed Julia Roberts into Becoming Hollywood's Sweetheart have 296 words, post on ezinearticles.com at March 5, 2008. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.