Almost a year ago I found myself in a difficult predicament. Both my husband and I had been laid off from our jobs and we had two young children, his elderly mother living with us and a mortgage to pay. We were broke and running out of ideas.Just two years before this happened we had been doing so well. We were able to purchase our home with a small down payment and our mortgage payment was only about one hundred dollars more than our previous monthly rent had been. With the tax savings we felt like we were ahead of the game. We didn’t take expensive vacations, had only one car payment, and lived well within our means. So what happened?My husband lost his job first. He was a manager at a manufacturing plant in our town and they made some changes within the company. He was a hard worker and knew he would get good references from both that company and the one he had worked at previously. We both thought that he would find a new position within two to three months. He spent every morning contacting companies, making calls and sending our resumes. We canceled a trip… Read full this story
- A timely homecoming for Chance Marsteller: 'I absolutely know I can win a national title.'
- Thai boys rescued after cave ordeal 'will sign a deal with Netflix'
- Love Island's Alexandra Cane debuts dramatic new look amid Dan Osborne drama
- Wal-Mart Fined for Charging Nonexistent Sugar Tax on Soda in NY
- Majority of council declines to vote on drag queen story time resolution
- Chauffeur to royal families and billionaires spills secrets of the super-rich
- For the Gizzis, New Palestine basketball is home — and a family affair
- Stony Point: Reporter takes the (polar) plunge for the first time
- The 87-Year-Old Whose Royal Family Ledgers Fuel Tabloid Feeding Frenzies
- Union Township, Hebron officials hope to lower response times with fire district
Why I Love Wal-Mart - One Family Tells How Wal-Mart Came To The Rescue During A Difficult Time have 329 words, post on ezinearticles.com at September 1, 2007. This is cached page on Gatofuns. If you want remove this page, please contact us.